Re: Whew!!!! What a relief!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Whew!!!! What a relief!
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 08:34:47 -0700
With a garage of LBCs that all get at least 30 MPG, and a "new" MINI that
gets 38 MPG,  I smile a lot more these days at the gas station.  The guy
next to me in an Exploder looks over knowingly at me and bitches about how
the pump shuts off at $50 and he has to go inside to get the attendant to
reset it.  I'm filling my 6 gallon bugeye tank and looking at him like he's
speaking a foreign language.  Sunday I took the Morris to the Pick-and-Pull
to get a lens for a daughter's Toyota, and I noticed that the cars ahead of
me and behind me on the freeway were all small sedans for just that few
moments.  I haven't seen a freeway scene so devoid of SUVs in many years.
It didn't last for more than a few moments, but its a sign.

Glen