Re: Weber DGV Installation Question (old school)

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Weber DGV Installation Question (old school)
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:47:55 -0400
frank!
we do not spend  35,000.00 on a whole darn finished car!   these kids might
try to kill us for under selling their "new hobby"???
 LOL!    but i'd seriously love to find when those "nopi tuners" come to a
jersey drag strip
9or maple grove) & get a bunch of us together and attend their show with
our cars!    i like the idea that the "drifting" thing is bringing kids
into controlled areas to do their "thing".  i like the idea that kids are
doing something more than out getting into trouble  , because there is
nothing for king for kids to do anymore.     but it really gripes my a**
that the press / TV are conveying the idea that modifying foregin cars is a
100% new concept!    my silly little brit "import" has been a car i've
loved and modified for well over 30 years now!    and the car has a vintage
racing heritage from 1961 to 1964 too!    people who preceeded us were
tuning import cars back in the late 40's into the early 50's!   while i do
recognise the improvements in time in available tuner bits and
manufacturers quality , i resent the fact that the shows and press are
treating this as a whole new "revolution" in car customising!
WST's car "the bishop" , my bugeye & numerous others in just our "spridget"
comunity alone (there are numerous other manufacturers wich could be
offended as i/we are) are wich were modified a very long time ago to beyond
the assembly line's standards.   many other's have done much more with
difrent gear boxes , and other modifications.   i'm thinking it's time to
show the kids where their "roots" really are and have stemed from!

chuck.