Re: Weber DGV Installation Question (old school)

To: "WJHS1960" <WJHS1960@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Weber DGV Installation Question (old school)
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:00:28 -0400
well i do have the 3 layer nomex suit , shoes gloves & a brand new simpson
helmet , the thought of drag racing one of these really hot tuner cars really
bothers me.  i'd really like to run one of them on as very tight course like
the new track at summit point.     and for that i'd use my 3 cylinder 847cc
1960 saab!     i can out corner trans am mustangs & camaros in that car and
while i have pretty poor straight line acceleration i have handling in corners
that would amaze most!    but if i wanted to really mess with their heads the
sprite would be a bunch of fun beyond belief!    1275cc's and no nitrous.   i'm
willing to bet that some driving experience in an underpowered car would
embarass some hot rod kids without driving school or past competition
experience.  now! i'm not a great driver nor god's gift to racing!    but most
of what i've seen on TV looks very "cheesy" at best.    WST?   what's yer take
on this "tuner" stuff?
the drifters are doing one heck of a job of putting on a show!  but are they
racers or showmen?

chuck.