Re: Clutch pedal

To: "McDowell, Jeffrey B. MC1" <jbmcdowell@nmsc.med.navy.mil>,
Subject: Re: Clutch pedal
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:00:34 -0700
David Ambrose wrote:

> We've traced our clutch problem to a seriously worn clutch pedal. The
> hole where the clevis pin goes is oblong and adds about another 1/4
> inch of play at the master cylinder.

Started looking more closely at the clutch pedal assembly. The clevis
pin was loose in the master cylinder fork too. Turnes out the DPO put a
1/4 inch clevis pin in the clutch side. When I replaced the master
cylinder, I blindly relaced it with another one. Installing the proper
5/16 clevis pin cured all the play and I think we'll be back in business
once we finish putting it back together.

Thanks for all the offers of a new pedal. Looks like we're good for the
time being.

Best,
Dave Ambrose

--
------
Sure, "Scrum" is a weird name, but "Assault and Battery" was already taken.