Re: Suspension & Heater

To: Bill Hunt <Billh@aaai.com>
Subject: Re: Suspension & Heater
From: "K. Valentine" <kevin@valentinephoto.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 18:49:48 -0400
On Aug 18, 2006, at 6:13 PM, Bill Hunt wrote:

> My question is what do you recommend for the bottom gasket? There was
> nothing in there when I removed the box. IIRC from my 63 it was some
> sort of foam but don't know what type. It is apparently no longer
> available.

Bill,

Regular weather-stripping, available at any hardware store or home
center.

If you can't find it thick enough, simply apply 2 strips to the
bottom of the heater before you set it in place.  Make sure it is
thick enough to make a seal between the heater and the heater shelf
on the car.  (It should squash a bit when you set the heater in place.

Kevin V.