Re: Bugeye and AH Seat frames for sale on ebay

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye and AH Seat frames for sale on ebay
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:31:23 -0400 (EDT)
Buster,
When I restored my pink car, I was fortunate to have perfect pans that we got
from a buyout of parts from a fellow that was a racer back in the 60's. My
24,000 Bugeye had perfect seat pans still sporting the original brown factory
paint. 99% of these pans rusted-out from living a life in the bowel of the car
usually exposed to water and moisture. Life's tough out there in the cornfield.

PS The best part of that parts buyout was a Perfect Mk II tub that Fred Jordan
eventually built-up into a complete car. It had been disassembled in the
mid-sixties, completely doused with engine oil and covered with a pool cover.
What a find. Fred popped a Bugeye nose on it and painted it Deep Pink. Could it
be that there are more Pink Mk II Sprites today than left the factory?

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/