Re: Bugeye and AH Seat frames for sale on ebay

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Bugeye and AH Seat frames for sale on ebay
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 08:58:07 -0700
>.....Jay wrote:  "When I restored my pink car, I was fortunate to have perfect
>pans that we got from a buyout of parts from a fellow that was a racer back in
>the 60's."

Isn't it a euphoric feeling to find such hidden  treasures?  I always
feel guilty finding them and wish I could share them with others.
Hmmm.  Now that I think of it, I am at the point now that I CAN  share
them with others!!!!

>.....99% of these pans rusted-out from living a life in the bowel of the car
>usually exposed to water and moisture.

I sometimes think that when young we treat our cars the way we treat our
bodies, thinking that they are bullet-proof.  I know that in my
dissolute youth I was not always careful to put the tonneau cover on
when it was raining.  The seat foam just absorbed the water and
gradually crated the cancer that ate the seat pans away.  By the time I
realzied what was happening, it was too late.

So, a word to the young:  take care of your car NOW and it will serve
you a lot longer!!!

Buster Evans