Re: everyday elec. fuel pump

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: everyday elec. fuel pump
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 06:42:19 -0500
If you get the Facet, be careful of problems with your charging system. If
your regulator dies in your alternator or you get a bit carried away with
the settings on the control box for your dynamo, the first thing to die will
be the Facet. Dunno about the NAPA transistorized unit, but the word
"transistor" makes me wonder.

If I were to need to adjust a control box (all alternators for me) on a car
equipped with a Facet, I would think long and hard about wiring the fuel
pump to a separate battery before I started.
David Lieb
1972