MidgetFetch 06

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: MidgetFetch 06
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:58:24 -0500
OK, I'm back in the saddle again.  I just picked up a nice Midget
project from Keith Turk.  Although I paid him for it, I probably
should have worn a mask.  He loaded me up with more than a truckload
of spare parts and stuff.  I got to see and poke around his Bonneville
Camaro which was very impressive.  He had a nice "afterglow" from his
success at Bonneville.  I also met a friend of his from Down Under.
In the few hours I spent there my impression of the friend  from Down
Under is "humble genius".  He is the kind of guy you want to follow
around and absorb knowledge from, a true gentleman and gear head's
gear head.  Both guys had wonderful spouses with them.
So, while it wasn't a BusterCluster caliber event, the MidgetFetch was
a great experience that was facilitated by the Spridget list.  Thanks
to all who make up this list and special thanks to Keith Turk for
responding to my request for a project car.
I hope to participate in the next cluster, if possible.
Cheers,
Derf