Re: Austin Sevens in Chicago

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Austin Sevens in Chicago
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 23:33:27 EDT
After reading Larry's post to the Spridgets list about the Austin Sevens on
Route 66. I read the thread on the Rt. 66 forum mentioned. So I ran over to
Countryside this evening in my Midget (8 or 10 miles from where I live in
Downers
Grove).

Found the 5 Sevens in the carpark, but no one around. After looking over the
cars, I started towards the hotel lobby and saw a group of people heading the
same way from a restaurant across the way. Upon catching a few British
accents, I was reasonably sure they might belong with the Austins.

Very nice group of people. They seem to be thoroughly enjoying their trip so
far - already 900 miles in from New York where their cars came into port. They
came through Butler, PA, the site of the American Bantam plant, on their way
to Chicago and the start of Route 66.

Very nice folks to talk to and some great British cars we don't see to often
here. We have guests coming to town for the holiday weekend, so I won't be
able to do lunch with Larry. But hopefully some other listers will be able to
meet up.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, IL