Re: Right Turn

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Right Turn
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 20:49:52 -0700
Hi Mike,

If your rear wheel brakes are the original bugeye type, the cylinders aren't
really worth rebuilding. They're aluminum.  They have a pair of steel
pistons between the brake arm lever that rust/corrode, so even if you do
rebuild, they're still junk.  Not worth sleeving either as that costs more
than new ones and the pistons are still toast.  Just put on new ones and
then don't worry about them for ages.

Best, Paul A