Re: Last Day for My MGB on eBay Auction is Tomorrow - 9/2

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Last Day for My MGB on eBay Auction is Tomorrow - 9/2
From: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 14:54:25 -0400
Just my thoughts: I have read Norm's posts for a long time and always found
them sensible and to the point. Throughout the time span he has told us about
his Turner and his MGB. His posts have given me an impression of the fellow
that I have never met, emailed, or spoken to but I came to consider him a
friend anyway. Just by the virtue of his posts (like most everyone on the list)
I came to like him...

I, for one, do not mind his mentioning the ebay ad to sell his car. As we all
know, he wasn't about to make a profit on it!!! Do we ever???

Consider for a moment how many people each of us knows that are aware of our
hobby cars and might be interested in something of that nature. The fact that
Norm posted his ebay auction gave me an opportunity to let my friends know that
there was a decent car out there being sold by a person that I would trust even
thought I don't personally know him!

I sell a number of spridget parts on ebay but don't tell the list about all of
the auctions because I also respond to requests for parts as they come up. I
have sold parts to many listers over the years and have had great experiences
with almost all of them.

If I ever sell my Bugeye I will let the list know because you guys understand
what goes into this hobby. I don't think that a profit would be in the cards
but wouldn't you like to know if a solid, well-defined car is available from
somebody that you sorta knows comes up for sale?

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1975 Midget - some day auto-x-er
1973 TR-6