Update - Silicone hose for 1275 Cross flow radiator

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Update - Silicone hose for 1275 Cross flow radiator
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:45:05 EDT
Hi list,

Quick update on this.  So far the expression of interest/orders amounts to 22
hoses which is enough for a production run of the water pump hose on the 1968
+ Cross flow radiator cars.  Black has been the most specified colour.

The manufacture of the hoses is local to me and produce hoses for motorsports
- Formula 1 and World Rally cars as well as regular motorsport and
performance tuning companies including popular tuned cars like the Subura, VW
Golf,
Nissan Skyline, BMW M3 E30 etc.

I'll ship worldwide and will take paypal (though I do need to discover how to
get money out of paypal rather than just spending it on ebay auctions
.........).

Yesterday I delivered a rubber hose to SAMCO so they could give a definite
quote for tooling and production (I gave variables on hose numbers).

So, just need a few more orders.

And finally, if you want a whole set of blue silicone hose for the vertical
flow rad - as featured in 'How to Power Tune Midget & Sprite' I can give you
the sole contact for those hoses but I can sell you a book.

Regards

Daniel1312

bj: Re: Silicone hose for 1275 Cross flow radiator

Hi list,

Just giving this another push as total numbers are enough for a batch to be
made but the price might be less realistic without a bigger order.

Remember this is a silicone hose in blue or black made to world class
motorsports standards in England for close to the same money for a rubber hose
that
might only last half as long if that.

Regards

Daniel

Subj: Silicone hose for 1275 Cross flow radiator
Date:    03/09/06
To:    spridgets@autox.team.net

Hi list,

I've come back on the list for just this one thing.  I am thinking of having
some blue Silicone hoses made for the A-series engined Spridget (David Doiron
had a the whole set made for the vertical flow radiator cars).  The company
that would make them - Samco  www.samco.co.uk , are a local company to where I
live and have a good if not world class reputation.  If I can get enough (say
50 people) interested the cost of the Hose-radiator to water pump (AHA 8742 /
GRH 510) would work out at around #11.50 a hose + post and packing, maybe a
few
pence +/-.  Not sure what they works out at in dollars but the hose isn't
likely to be that heavy for airmail shipping.

The standard rubber hose costs #7 so it's not that more expensive to go to
blue Silicone and have a longer lasting hose.  It is also be possible to have
black silicone hose rather than blue.

Obviously it would be possible to have all the other 1275 A-series hoses made
but the water pump hose is the most complex and most expensive so seemed like
the best place to start.

So far there are 5 Brits and 1 Aus interested so I need 44 more people for
this to happen - if you're a definite e-mail me direct and if you want a
discussion than post to the list.

Regards

Daniel