RE: To Ballast or Not to Ballast...

To: <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: To Ballast or Not to Ballast...
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:09:28 -0400
When I got my electronic ignition I put the meter on my sport coil.  3 ohms
internal I believe it was.  Or does the Dual Point require external ballast?

Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa

I recently inquired with Mallory about what is the correct coil to use with
the Dual Point non-vacuum advance distributor.  Their rep said a ballasted
coil is correct.  I'm running a Lucas Sport coil right now with my Dual
Point and the car seems to be running fine.  Anybody running this setup on
their Spridget?  What are you using for a coil?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2