Re: Zenith Carb

To: <BCAH@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Zenith Carb
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:49:44 -0700
Bob,

Your MGB has a ZS CD-175. A slightly smaller version of this carb, the
CD150, came stock on the RB Midgets and late Spitfires. Below is a
website that details the rebuilding of the water choke, which is poorly
explained in most of the manuals.

http://www.paulbunyan.net/~jasko/choke/

Most ofhten the tiny o-ring around the needle in the choke deteriorates.
When this happens, the carb will run rich no matter what you do.

Me? I switched to a pair of SU's on my midget, but that was more for a
performance gain.

Good luck!

-=Chris

Chris King