Re: strange car

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: strange car
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:52:46 -0500
I had one of those for a short while. It was a very interesting car
with all the options for it's age. The rear tire stowed under the
rear, like your trucks do now, but with a full skid plate to protect
it. The mechanism to lower it was inside the boot. The lug nuts were
beveled both sides, so as not to be able to go on wrong side out. The
boot lid folded down, like a truck tailgate, and since the number
plate was mounted on the lid, it also folded down, with it's lamp, so
that the plate was STILL visible with the boot open. It has
illuminated trafficators, (turn flags for those not familiar with
them) The bonnet emblem was also the latch, with a lock cylinder in it
to secure the engine compartment. Since only 500 were officially made
for the US, all other LHD cars were made for Argentina. They were
referred to as the "Watch Charm Rolls Royce" I am sure I will remember
more, but that is all I have for now.

Brad

www.myspace.com/tequilabrad