Re: Fiberglass Dash

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fiberglass Dash
From: KrkLH@cs.com
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 01:45:27 EDT
Larry,

This might be of interest.  I have a couple of rusty but healthy enough
dashboards for Bugeyes.  I have been contemplating shooting one as I would
shoot a
custom motorcycle finish.  I shoot Harleys and I have a small walk in booth
that I use plus all the proper guns and gear to get the job done right.

I was wondering how a dash would look if bead blasted and then shot first
with acid primer, then high solids fill primer taken down to the good ol'e 400
grit or finer (I like to go finer, usually to 600 or even 800 grit) and then
shoot the colour (red or black or whatever).  I would then shoot several clear
coats on the bugger and colour sand and buff to a glass like high gloss finish.

I think that it would look very cool on the car.

If you are interested in having me do this for you let me know.  Of course it
is a labor intensive thing and I would need to charge a bit for the job.

I have pics of completed work that I have done.   I would need to charge 350
dollars which includes the dash.  For a job like this including the dash - 350
dollars is a decent price.  The materials are about 20 -30 dollars (included
in the price).

Turn around time, allow two weeks.  It would be shipped out to you
professionally packaged via Fedex Ground to your door.

Kirk