Re: Tie Rod end

To: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>,
Subject: Re: Tie Rod end
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:11:59 -0500
Dr. Larry,
         Whack the steering arm along its axis. You are momentarily
ovaling the hole and the tapered bit will pop out. If it doesn't,
whack it harder.  The forking fork will leave you in a pickle with a
torn boot. I think that's why they call them pickle forks.
         To reinstall you may want to use a jack under the tierod end
to hold it still whilst you tighten the nut.
Peter C
==