Re: No LBC, Spam

To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: No LBC, Spam
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 08:02:29 -0700
Hello Larry,

       one of the problems is that if you are using MicroSoft
       Explorer and OUTLOOK? if so they are integrated such that
       whenever you visit a websight, those at the other end can
       harvest your email address. .. if you start to reply to those
       emails, you have marked YOUR address as VALID. NEVER RESPOND to
       spam. ..

       i use FIREFOX as my browser, and a lesser known, but VERY
       robust email program called THE BAT. they offer access to what
       has proven to be a quite effective antispam program called
       AGAFA Antispam servant that works using Bayesian filtering.
       have a look at http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/
       the program is simple to use, but robust enough to be used as a
       listserver! i have a gmail account as well, and have THE BAT
       set up to send and receive my gmail without ever having to open
       the browser in order to do so. ..

       my 2 cents

       NFI YMMV etc.

--