Re: Spridget powered super 7 project

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spridget powered super 7 project
From: "MICHAEL CARPENTER" <MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:27:35 -0400
The "rustless" qualities were not meant as an absolute.  Think in more
general terms.  I have owned around 20 Spridgets, mostly Bugeyes and they
really rust without even being used.  I spent a ton of money and time on a
'59 leaf green Bugeye that turned out magnificent and about a year later
began to bubble out in rust.

I have owned three real Sevens and still own two of them.  I have no rust
issues such as people mention from heresay and I don't see frame tube
cracking as often as some would let on to believe.

New Caterhams are made in much the same way as original Sevens being simply
a continuation.  They should exhibit the same corrosion between dissimilar
metals that you mention.  The space frame is stronger to handle the greater
power that newer Cats put out.

Mike C