Re: now helmet law/ Truck collision

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: now helmet law/ Truck collision
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:00:46 -0500
At 11:13 AM 10/16/2006, Jim Johnson wrote:
... very good stuff,

BUT

He used the word "accident" 7 times.

I really dislike that word being misused.

How about "collision" instead.  It tends to add some blame to the
blameless "accident".

There were many collisions in our town last year. There was one
accident.. a tree fell on a passing car... driver dead. Not
reasonably avoidable.

  I left the road a few years ago and collided with a tree.
Avoidable. Not an accident.

I got hit with a falling, bouncing John Deere riding lawnmower coming
at me at 55 while I was going 60 in the opposite direction on a 2
lane highway. I feel completely blameless, but I'm still not sure it
should be called an accident. Certainly the insurance company felt it
was covered only by collision, not comprehensive.( If I could prove
that it never touched the road surface, it would've been a comp claim.)

Maybe if people used the correct term, they'd be less blameless?

My .01   Peter C.