Square Arch Tire Clearance

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Square Arch Tire Clearance
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:56:37 -0400
I found this great looking Sprite after the auction closed but was still
interested in what I might learn from it. Please reference ebay item
#270031092946. It would appear that he fit competition Toyo Proxes
185-60R13 under square arch fenders without any visible massaging of the
sheet metal. I didn't think this was possible and I'm excited about this
possibility since it opens the door to a much better tire selection
while keeping the original sheet metal. I have some ideas but can't
afford to do much experimenting, someone here must have blazed this
trail?  I'll start by researching the "Cosmic Style" wheels he purchased
to find the offset and width used, but there may be several subtle
modifications needed. Any ideas?
Thanks,
John
Fogelsville, PA