Re: How were Spridgets sold originally?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How were Spridgets sold originally?
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 07:51:10 -0800
Peter C. wrote:  "I have to say.... it was FUN, back then."

Peter is so right, friends.  It was an entirely different atmosphere
back in the "good ol' days".  I bought my Sprite in from Bluff City
Buick and Imports, but all of the parts came from Louis Foreign Car
Parts.  They supplied all the OEM and a few after-market parts for just
about any European car made, and gave a 10% discount to members of SCCA
and L'Auto Petite (the Navy sports car club).  Small Car Motors in
Memphis did most of the repair work on all makes.  The owner, Phil
Herold, not only gave those members a 10% discount, but let them use his
tools and equipment to work on their cars in the paved area at the rear.

Yes, it was indeed FUN back then.  It was like having a BusterCluster,
friend-helping-friend atmosphere every day.

Buster Evans