HS2 needles

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: HS2 needles
From: linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:37:57 -0500
Thanks to those who helped with my rough running problems last
weekend. The rear carb had virtually no oil in the damper. That seems
to be my problem. I like those easy fixes. I thought I had checked
the oil level a few months ago but maybe not.

On a related, but different matter, I know these cars prefer to run
rich, but I have always thought when I got it to run best it was just
too rich. I don't know what needles I have. The carbs are about 4
years old - bought them new from Burlen. I am sure it would help to
know what I have now, but can anyone give me any suggestions on
needles I might try to get a little leaner burn, but still run well?
I assume Joe Curto is the best source?

Thanks as always.

Lin Rose
1959 Bugeye