Re: 2007 Austin-Healey Calendar

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2007 Austin-Healey Calendar
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:20:49 -0800
> Brad Fornal wrote:  "I bet that doesn't EVER happen to a big Healey.
> The enclosed trailers keep them dry and warm. And out of the prying
> eyes of commoners."

Actually, that is part of the "good old days" I was talking about.
Forty-five years ago, they weren't snotty trailer queens.  Big Healeys
were really driven not only on the strets, but in purely fun amateur
competition like rallies and autocrosses that landed some in the water
and got a lot of rock hits.  That's the way it was with ALL sports cars
of the era.  I once staged an autocross on an abandoned Navy practice
landing field on which a farmer had a pile of gravel about 10 feen
high.  One of the first Jaguar XKE's in the country was entered.  The
owner had bought it the week before, but still ran it through the gravel
of the autocross!

Buster