RE: solvent for parts washer

To: "'Timothy H. Collins'" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Subject: RE: solvent for parts washer
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 17:17:15 -0800
If you go to your local airport and talk to the FBO you might be able to get
your kerosene free, aka Jet A.  They have to drain some everyday to test for
water in their tanks. Then they pay to dispose of it as waste.  Last summer
some guy had to have his tanks emptied to weigh his jet dry.  I got two 55
gal drums for free.  Take your own cans I'm sure they would be glad to fill
them for you.  I've heated my shop and kept the parts tank full for years.
Now if I could only figure out how to run my cars on 100 low-lead Avgas.
                Crash

I noticed kerosene at Home Depot for more than $30 / 5gal pail. That's
about the most expensive way to buy it other than walking to the middle
east with your pail in hand.

Tim Collins
Midland, MI
1966 AH Sprite