Re: Rivergate conversion transmission - MG Sprite Midget b.o.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rivergate conversion transmission - MG Sprite Midget b.o.
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:09:53 -0600
I wouldn't offer more than $250.  I have two.  One I paid $150 at a boneyard
in Mississippi.  I was working in the area and called a few boneyards.  I
didn't have to pull it and they gave me extra things like the front part of
the drive shaft, speedo cable, clutch hose, etc.  The second I found last
week at a U Pull It in Gulfport for $60 or so.  I had to pull it but it
wasn't difficult.  After I do my conversion, I will let one of my two go.
I plan to hit a few more U Pull It places in the near future.  I will keep
an eye out for more 210 trannys, especially if the price is under $100.
$500 is a little steep, althought the guy selling on ebay claims to have
tested the trannys in a 210.  For my money, just take it apart and see how
it looks.  Several listers can advise you or even do it for you, for a
nominal fee.  It is a tranny, not a Swiss watch.  If I was looking to spend
more than $250 for a tranny I would just get one from Paul A, along with his
kit.