Re: wire wheel conversion

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: wire wheel conversion
From: "John D. Caffrey" <jdc6@Lehigh.EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:35:11 -0500 (EST)
Derf,
 Were you advocating stripping a semi-elliptic WW axle housing bare and
building it into a quarter-elliptic housing?  That's thinking outside
the box! The more I think about it, the more I like it. I have done
something similar in the past successfully at home when I built the
axle for my Rotus 7, but it took a lot of straightening to get it
right. I don't know how many Sprite MK II WW housings were made, so
this could be the best way to a no-compromise conversion?
John
Fogelsville, PA