AM Radio Static

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: AM Radio Static
From: "Bert Shirey" <bertshirey@zoominternet.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:24:18 -0500
Hi, Guys:

     I recently got around to hooking up the BMC reconditioned AM radio in the
Bugeye and need a little advice on getting rid of static.
    Positive ground wired, with standard mast antenna.
    It works fine with the engine off (If you like, talk, sports, and
religious broadcasts, which are the strongest in this fringe area.) But the
thing is full of noise when the engine is running. Ticking and buzzing.
     Anybody have a suggestion for a simple fix that will work on positive
ground?
     The Haynes chapter on this makes no sense to me. Also too many options
and things to mess with that are better left alone. I would think with all the
hi-tec audio stuff out there now, there might be a filter or something I could
just wire in line.
     The car is in good tune. I`m using resistor plugs and Lucas issue
suppressor caps. The HT wires are copper core, but I`d rather not have to
change them if I don`t have to.

Thanks,

Bert Shirey
60 Bugeye/66 Midget MKII