Re: Favorite Sports Car

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Favorite Sports Car
From: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:56:02 -0500
My brother-in-law bought a Solstice back in March. He let my wife and I take it
for a ride in the country to see how it drove. We both liked it very much but
it did not really meet our needs that well. There is absolutely no room in the
cockpit for anything other than driver and passenger... If the top is down, you
would have difficulty putting a bag of groceries in the trunk. We wanted
something that we could take short trips in so the trunk space really sealed it.

It handled well, had plenty of power and the shifting was what I expected. I
did not like where they put the battery though. You probably have to take it to
the dealer for a new battery. Part of the car has to be disassembled to get to
it. My guess is that a new battery will run you about $400 installed...

For a daily driver it would be a really fun car. My wife ended up buying an '05
Miata leftover for significantly less than a Solstice would have run. It has
enough of a trunk that overnight trips are easily doable. She loves it except
in the snow! It isn't worth a hoot on snow and ice.

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1975 Midget - some day auto-x-er