Re: Speaking about Mexican built products......... Beetles &

To: grunthaner@gmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speaking about Mexican built products......... Beetles &
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:14:21 EST
In a message dated 12/14/2006 3:13:25 AM Mountain Standard Time,
grunthaner@gmail.com writes:

he heard  the reason the Mexican Strats are hundreds
cheaper is because they use  little or no environmental safety concerns. The
US built Strats have very  strict environmental safety concerns such as types
of paints used etc.  Anyone on the list know anything about  that?
Lin

Certainlyl possible.  A few years ago I visited a customer's  "plant" in
Chihuahua.  They made little metal watering cans, mail boxes and  such for the
florist industry.  Decorative items.  They were made of  thin sheet steel and
then copper plated.  The copper plating was done in  large concrete vats.  The
workers were walking around the edge of the vats  wearing paper cone air
filters
on thier faces.

The items were then painted green to simulate patina.  The paint shop  was at
one end of the factory, and the day I was there you could just make out  the
workers through the cloud of paint.  The other end of the huge room was  a row
of spot welders where they were putting the items together.  I took  one look
at the set up, paint fumes on one end and welding on the other and  decided
it was time to leave.

Mexico is changing however.  Just 5-6 years ago they ran a denim mill
operator out of Chihauhua after he turned the river running through town a nice

dark denim blue.

Robert  Houston
Texan in NM

73 MG Midget
74.5 MGBGT
63  TR4

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first  woman she
meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill  again...
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23877.html#email)
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Unknown/) Marin  County newspaper's TV
listing for "The Wizard of
Oz"