Re: Global Warming, Greenhouse Gasses, etc. NO LBC

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Global Warming, Greenhouse Gasses, etc. NO LBC
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:44:56 -0600
I think Mt. St. Helens alond put out more bad stuff than all SUVs put
together.
Using energy to do work always has a by product of heat.  It is only
reasonable that the planet will gradually get warmer until things moving
about on the planet stop making heat.
As far as "destruction of the ozone layer" goes I'm not sold on that idea.
That giant "hole" in the ozone layer over then north pole that everyone went
nuts about recently has most likely been there for a very long time, like
before anyone on the planet started emitting "greenhouse gasses".  Someone
just used the fact that there is a hole to become Chicken Little because
they had an agenda.
You are absolutely right but I'll state it a different way: Greed drives
this country and many others.
I DO consider myself to be environmentally friendly.  I hate the fact that
we have limits on the fish we catch in the Gulf.  I DO think that we should
have more electric transportation.  If I can buy a toy remote control plane
for $30 that will fly for 10 minutes, then surely an electric car is
viable.  BUT, oil companies are big business and this country is run by big
business.
We should neither bow to the envirowacko tree hugger nutcases nor abuse and
destroy our environment for wealth.  The trick is finding a middle ground
that we can agree upon.