Re: bright 6 volt bulbs

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bright 6 volt bulbs
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 14:04:58 -0600
12 volts is more practical for auto applications.  You only have to weigh
practicality against your need for originality and costs of each option to
arrive at your answer.
Once the auto is started, the charging system does the work, anyway.  The
battery is just like an electron reservoir.  The alternator/generator should
provide enough juice to run everything and keep the reservoir topped off.
If the 6 volt system worked, I would keep it in place.  If I needed a new
component, I would consider upgrading to 12 volts, unless it was a concours
car.