RE: Good paint / bad paint?

To: thcollin@mtu.edu ("Timothy H. Collins"), spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Good paint / bad paint?
From: KrkLH@cs.com
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 01:05:28 -0500
Tim,

One component in todays paints (two stage) that I understand is bad bad bad is
the hardener that is used for hardening the final clear coats.

In my case, the stuff I work with - the inner clears do not use hardener. .
but the final coats do.  Something called isocyanites (sp) is the bad bad bad
part. If you get any fumes directly into your lungs it is called something like
breathing free monomers.  Scary sounding word just by itself.   You really
should use a mask that works off fresh outside air.

Probably a lot of these rules are politisized (sp)to some extent since we are
able to use stuff like mentioned above?

Kirk
59 B-eye