Re: Speaking about Mexican built products......... Beetles &

To: "Billy Zoom" <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speaking about Mexican built products......... Beetles &
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:47:14 +0100
WHAT? Did I get this one right? The US is the only country protecting the
environment? BZ, I just see, you sent this on Friday, so I suppose this is a
Friday joke? Please, don't tell me this is not a joke!

I read an article about a year or two ago that said, that the average US
citizen requires energy equivalent to 7,000 litres oil per year, the European
citizen about 2,500 litres and some people in Africa 6(!) litres. Don't quote
me on the numbers, they might be incorrect, but the relationship between them
is what I can remember and what counts.

You might not know that it is still standard in Europe not having air
condition at home or in working places. Cars for everyone, which can do better
than 60 mpg have jumped from the drawing table onto the street years ago.

Eric

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----