Re: Jack stands or ramps? Surprise me.

To: "Adrian Jones" <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Jack stands or ramps? Surprise me.
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:32:56 -0600
When putting the 1098 out of the burned car into our blue 65 Sprite, I
had it up on ramps in the front, and stands under the rear axle.
Stereo blaring in the garage, while I am out in the drive, with the
cherry picker setting the drivetrain in place. It is almost lined up,
but the tranny mount won't quite go over the cross member, so under
the car I go. I see that the unit is hanging slightly off kilter, so I
proceed to twist on the transmission, in an effort to get it to go
into the tunnel. Quicker than you know it, everything has fallen, and
is an inch from my ribcage (suffocation area). I still don't know how
the car fell off the stands AND the ramps. Well, it didn't "fall" off
the ramps. One ramp on the left side was leaning, holding the wheel by
about a 1/4" on the tread. I had time to see all this, as the blaring
stereo, kept hollering for help impossible. After about 15 minutes,
there was a lull in the concert I was listening to, so that Martha
heard me and came out to see what I was so pissed about. Needless to
say, I hollered more loudly, because she kicked the leaning ramp, as
she was walking around the car assessing the situation.
It is always good to have someone out there with you, even if they are
just there to drink your beer.............