Re: B-J Sprite

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: B-J Sprite
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 14:29:11 -0600
True, but not one with any concern to originality......
Boot emblem in the wrong location
Sill emblems (there were none originally)
WTF is that under the front bumper
Wrong mirrors
Front turn lenses of a later car
Steering wheel cover? Geez, restore the wheel, or buy one that is restorable
Wrong Dizzy
Wrong oil pressure line
Wrong line from block to oil filter
Wrong 710 cap
Wrong air filters
They eliminated that style PCV valve in early 68
Wrong T Stat cover (69 had the fitment for the smog pump)
Wrong blower motor switch
Wrong seats
The aftermarket shift knob is a common change, though I use the
orignal, as the size of my hand around the aftermarket knob has me
punching the dash when I go to third
The chrome wires look nice, but I don't believe that they, or the 3
eared spinners were factory
The car was rebuilt, but with all those errors, I would hesitate to
use the term "restored".
FWIW, other than the waist trim on our 68 (the car was drilled for it
on the original sheet metal) it will be original when done. Even to
the point of replacing the smog equipment. It will be disabled, but it
WILL be there.