RE: Steering rack bracket

To: "'MICHAEL CARPENTER'" <MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com>, "'Brad
Subject: RE: Steering rack bracket
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:57:53 -0500
So will gasket paper (my cut it youself roll is thicker than the diff to
axle paper) be too thick.  Also unless it's roofing felt or a wax paper,
won't it hold moisture in there and start the rust worm working again?

Of course the rust has to start somewhere.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa

I have taken apart about 10 Bugeyes and an even greater number of
side-curtain Spridgets.  Yes, there is a paper like gasket under the
steering rack brackets on Spridgets that are original.  It almost seems like
a wax impreg paper.

MC