Re: First cars wishes (NO LBC)

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First cars wishes (NO LBC)
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 20:54:44 -0600
> .. now the family car that I got to use was a Chrysler New Yorker  with a
> 440 and some goodies..  I would like that one!!

Well, as long as we are reminiscing about that first car that we put any
significant number of miles on, I have fond memories of the 1974 Nova I
learned to drive in. It never belonged to me, but I got to treat it as mine
for a while. It was that awful 70's GM maroon that oxidized a white film
over it whenever it saw the sun. It had the wonderful "Chicago lace" around
the fenders. The leaf springs on the back were sagging nicely, but at least
it went down the road straight. Smallblock Chevy 350 with 4-bolt mains,
TurboHydro 350 slushbox, Rochester QuadraJet, and a 4.11 diff. It surprised
a lot of Camaros at stoplights.
David Lieb