Re: First cars wishes (NO LBC)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First cars wishes (NO LBC)
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 21:39:19 -0600
My first was a 65 VW Beetle.  Totally uneventful, but it was my first car
and, therefore, still has special meaning .  Even got to third base in that
thing. ;-))

Second was a 64 Chevy.  Small block V8 and puppy-glide.  Can you say
"boring".

Third was a 54 Dodge with a Hemi and a Torque-Flite automatic tranny.  That
sucker squealed tires when shifting gears.  Dad didn't know what was in the
thing when I bought it and built it up, but didn't let me repeat the go-fast
stuff on car number 4.  He owned the ambulance service that took care of all
of the races at Meadowdale International Raceway outside of Chicago and, I'm
guessing, didn't want me as a passenger.  The spoil sport.  Even years
later, when I raced sports cars and formula cars throughout the midwest, he
would never come watch me.  Never would say why.

LD