First Cars

To: Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Ed's Spridgeteers"
Subject: First Cars
From: "WFO Herb" <froggi60@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:05:21 -0800
So far, I seem to be the only 'odd ball' on the first car topic.

I built my first car.

'27 T bucket roadster; 1958.  A rails, bus steering, old truck tranny,
flathead, trips.  And of course, cheater slicks.

Will admit, had a little help, but not much.

Grew up with an older cousin and his car club buddies ("Line Jumpers")
during the car craze time of the 50's.

First 'production' car was a '51 Ford.  Painted that sucker with a
brush...sanded it down and rubbed 'er out!

Isn't it funny, back "in the good ole days", you wouldn't be caught dead
driving a 4-door.  Now that seems to be all kids drive.  And we 'built'
'em...not simply bolt go-fast parts on as they do today (and get a lot of
power doing so).

Herb