RE: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!

To: "'Paul Asgeirsson'" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, "'David Lieb'"
Subject: RE: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:16:20 -0500
Yes, I know what you mean.  PA D.O.T. uses magnesium chloride with the
salt, to make the salt work at below 20F.  Of course, when we get
extended cold spells, where the daytime temps remain below 10 to 15F,
and overcast, about the only thing those lovely, corrosive mixtures are
good for is ensuring a good, smooth, polished surface on the ice & snow
on the roads.
BTW, I've found Michelin's "Arctic Alpin" tires to offer phenomenal
traction on icy surfaces.....polished or not.  I call em' the "Magic
Michelins".  They offer AMAZING grip; far better than I ever dreamed
possible.
In a perfect world, I'd have a Spridget and/or an MGB-GT made with
galvanized panels & all of today's modern anti-corrosion technology, and
fitted with a set of "Magic Michelins" as my everyday, winter ride.
Now THAT would be FUN!
Bud Osbourne