Re: Re[2]: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!

To: "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:09:34 -0800
Yah!!  Sure!!  First car but not first new one.

I bought this 28 Chev 2dr with an older brother and sister for $108.  3 way
partnership.  I have no idea what that means in a practical application!

It was supposed to mean we split all the costs 3 ways.  It appears that
nothing can be divided 3 ways!  We were to pay all the maintenance equally
and drive it equally.  Fat chance!  I was only 14 and didn't have a drivers
license.  But I did have cash because I had a paper route.  So I got sucked
in.  I was a perpetual mechanic as they drove it all over New England and
pounded the crap out of it.  Mains needed to be tightened every other month,
spark plugs were always dirty, brakes needed replacing and adjusting and the
damned axles were always breaking!  Not only that I had to keep pounding the
nails back into the woodwork!

I learned soon to be an unpaid mechanic who always bought all the parts,
too!  Life was unfair, early on.

The only REALLY great thing about it was you could raise the windshield
straight up with a crank handle.  And at 40 MPH It then allowed air to come
under the dash and with all the girls wearing full skirts in the 50's, it
would fill them up with air and blow them over their heads!  I called it my
morale booster!  I put a wolf whistle on the intake mnifold, too.  Had a
Philco radio I installed.  A CR2 model!  Which means it was only the 2nd car
radio model Philco made for the aftermarket.

I'm not too sure I want this car back!  Sure did go great through deep snow!
I graduated to a 1933 Plymouth 4 dr sedan with 4 suicide doors on it!  Boy,
is that another story!!  Phew!

Later, Paul A