Re: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!

To: "Billy Zoom" <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>, "Bill L"
Subject: Re: Bumper cars in Portland Oregon!
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:42:16 -0600
Absolutely, Larry!!  Grew up in upstate NY and learned to drive where
there's snow on the roads all winter. Testing the brakes frequently
and ALWAYS pumping the brakes when stopping. Also learned
counter-steering...etc.  It was common knowledge back then and every
kid did it. There were also days when we looked out the window and
decided to stay home for safety sake. Work and school ain't worth
getting killed over.

Today?  What a mess. Nobody drives with any sense in the snow and
everyone seems to think the world will stop if they don't show up at
the office or at school. I never worry about me anymore...  Instead I
worry about which idiot will clobber me doing stupid things in the
snow!

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City