Re: Speedo Numbers

To: "Billy Zoom" <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>, "Bill L"
Subject: Re: Speedo Numbers
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 01:04:46 -0600
Yup.  I remember putting 5 1/2 J wheels and Dunlop SP tires on my 1969
Fiat 850 Coupe and thinking I was hot $hit!!  In fact, the Lotus 21 we
were racing at the time only had 5" rims on it with 155 SR 13s!!
There were a hell of alot of cars racing back then still using bias
ply tires!!  Radials were new and kind of scary for racers. They had a
tendency to come loose suddenly with no warning unlike the old bias
plys which usually let you know when you were on the ragged edge.

Ah!  Those were the days!!

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City