Re: craiglist Sprite BE nose

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: craiglist Sprite BE nose
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 22:19:20 -0800
Herby wrote: "Here's a decent looking Sprite with a Bugeye nose.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/266515254.html "

More from the owner:

I am in West Berkeley by I 80 ashby exit close to freeway.It is a solid
little car but still needs some work.The brake master cylinder leaks a
little and I have a new one to put in but have been lazy and driving it
around sometimes and it worries me a little..Also the clutch which works
fine but at some point will need replacement. I discovered additional
play {throwout bearing}when replacing the master cylinder and slave a
while ago but you wouldn't know anything by driving it..Also the heater
does not work and the top has a discoloration on it.I am telling
everyone the potential bad stuff.The good side is that you can drive it
right now as is with out any problems.It is quick enough and handles
like on rails but I guess that how they are.The tighter the road the
better.The 1275 motor is strong with no smoke or problems.It is out of a
74 mg midget as is the 4 speed{stock} ribcage transmission.The car is a
1969 austin Healey sprite with the fiberglass bugeye hood which is nice
except for one small scrape which is repairable with some bondo and
paint.I think it is an expensive hood.The car has good paint and
although I wouldn't claim it was rust free it seems good rust wise.Brand
new tires,good battery and fresh oil and filter.The interior is bare
bones and the carpets could be redone but the seats are ok.The car has a
tube shock conversion which is aftermarket but older.I have many spares
and a functional tonneau cover which looks good in warm weather.Current
tags and pink.Always starts and runs the same the car has been tuned up
timing and carburetor wise.Thats about it.Thanks.Jeremy.510-507-4675