Re: LBC Boot Lids

To: DANIEL WALTERS <spridget63@verizon.net>, Larry & Sandi Miller
Subject: Re: LBC Boot Lids
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:04:59 -0800
> sure duplicating the rear bulkhead of a MKII and up spridget would make up
> for a trunk cut into the early model.
The Bugeye rear end is much more rigid. To mount my Mkll on the rotisserie,
I had to weld in braces to keep it from flexing around the wheel arches. In
addition to no trunk, the Bugeye is much more curvy, and I don't think a
small lid like that one on ebay would weaken it much since it doesn't
interrupt any of the curves. Also, bear in mind that on a 1/4 elliptic car,
the rear is not load bearing and the car is drivable without it.
BZ