Re: LBC Boot Lids

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>, Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC Boot Lids
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:46:21 GMT
"I may have to disagree with you on this"

....disagree to your heart's content oh Derfman but, according to the books,
structural integrity was THE reason for no trunk lid.

(But I wish I had one for much easier access
to the license plate, wiring and rear battery installation as well, along with
a bunch of other stuff. Crawling back there at my age is a GIANT PITA
considering the reduced
physical "flexibility" that comes with age,
my skinny bod notwithstanding:)

Matter of fact, a "stiffener" of some sort was added to later Frog (post-'58 if
memory serves?) trunk floors for even greater structual integrity "back there".

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)