Horrible Fright Strikes Again

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Horrible Fright Strikes Again
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 22:13:36 -0600
Well, HF had a sale on that included a pair of folding table legs. I
happened to have a table that someone had built out of a very solid wooden
door and four rickety pine balusters that has been crying for a new set of
legs. I picked up a set of the legs and brought them home, only to find that
they were defective. Took them back and swapped them for a set with no
visible deformities. Re-engineered the attachment method so that it would be
able to work for a week or two, bolted a set on and felt the desire to
clarici something. Just how much of an engineering exercise is it to test a
set of folding table legs to see whether they can actually be folded? All
four attachment points are intended to mount in the same plane. The relative
position of strut and leg are dictated by the desire to have the leg at 90
degrees to the ground when in use (at least that is my theory). There are
only two ways to accomplish this and neither one allows the leg to fold flat
to the table! Oh well, shoulda known.
David Lieb