Re: Attn: Jay - Innocenti No LBC

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Attn: Jay - Innocenti No LBC
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 08:25:12 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Kent,

Thanks for the note. This car has been around for awhile. It's been bought sold
at least twice in the last couple of years and it appears none of the owners
have done anything with it.

As Frank has demonstrated, anything is restorable, but this car not only needs
the usual rot repair but resoration from mods for installation of a Datsun
drivetrain.

Than it needs the usual details items, which are not necessarilly hard to find
anymore, but you have to bid against a couple of Euro bidders that are intent
on cornering the market on anything that appears on ebay and in some cases
paying some strange prices for things that can be bought off the shelf.

Innocenti Spiders have been a magnet of sorts for a few oddball owners, one of
which is a rather outspoken continual purveyor and generator of lies and rumors
about me. It makes for a fun and interesting aspect of the hobby. NOT! I won't
stoop to his level and mention his name, but certain people on this list know
who he is. I've asked him more than once to stop the BS, but he apparently
feels a need to continue on his mission for some reason. May God bless him.

BTW, Innocenti's do qualify as lbc's due to their British origin. It's always
interesting to take the Innocenti for a drive. It's so obvioucly a Sprite, but
certain aspects of it make it so different, primarily due to it's creature
comforts: wide doors for easy entry and exit, wider body and thus wider
interior space, roll-up windows, interior lights, and so on.

If anyone has an interst in owning one of these, contact me. I'm going to be
thinning out my herd. If I'm successful in selling-off my unrestored Inno's, it
will finance my dream of a Sebring Sprite project.

Check my website if you want to see what a real one looks like.

And again, thanks for the link.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
http://home.netcom.com/~type79/